Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Everlasting Love

While I was waiting for the bus today I bumped into an old close friend.

"Hye Daph, lama tak jumpa. (Hug) Macam mana sekarang sihat tak?."
That was how we started.
After the normal Q&As she than tee that question.
"You, dah ada boyfriend?.. someone special.. yang on the way nak couple.. story2 la".

(I looked at her shaked my head and smiled)

"Laa.. Who yang sanggup couple with me.." I said and laughed.
"You ni selalu cakap macam tu agak-agak la.". She said while pulling a face.

(I laughed)
(Stopped and for a moment I smiled and just looked at her while trying to find the perfect answer)

"My cinta sejati and orang yang I paling sayang is my parents". I said and I laughed some more.

(She gave me "the look")

"You memang selalu bagi answer yang lame". She said and smiled.
I didn't get the chance to say anything else as people was forming a line because the bus was coming.

When I first said I love and cared my parents.
I didn't really mean it.
They were empty words to tease a friend.
After some time reflecting on what I have claimed, I notice that I have done something wrong.
To say I love yet not to mean it.
To say I care when they were just empty words.


Parents,
I have failed you hundreds of times,
Yet you cheer for me a million times more.
I have hurt you in every way,
Yet you love me in all of your way.


The love that our parents have showered us is an everlasting love.
Even after they are long gone that love lives as it sustains in our memory.







2 comments:

  1. And this is what happens when we write in such honesty. We touch reader's heart. The same goes to me here. I'm touched and that's it, nothing more.

    Oh, I miss my parents dearly.

    (Sobbing behind some big guy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my parents too..

    (joins edy but afraid of the big guy)

    ReplyDelete